Eating Disorders International Conference 2022
Wednesday 23 and Thursday 24 March 2022
Welcome to the Eating Disorders International Conference 2022!
Building back better, faster and fairer.
Bringing together clinical expertise, lived experience and new research, EDIC 2022 will showcase and debate approaches for re-establishing our eating disorder services in the most equitable, accessible and impactful way possible as we rebuild after the pandemic.
Beat is delighted to announce that the eighth Eating Disorders International Conference is back in 2022 and will be taking place at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow.
EDIC’s programme is designed by experts and influenced by the experiences of people who have recovered from their illness or family members who have supported a loved one through recovery.
Keynotes will present on topics of critical importance, while workshops, short paper and poster presentations will explore a wider range of emerging research findings.
EDIC 2022 is a fantastic opportunity to engage with the cutting edge of research and to explore how it can be used to improve policy and practice for people affected by eating disorders.
Who should attend?
Academics, researchers and professors
- Learn, network and engage with your peers at the cutting edge of eating disorder research across the globe.
- Come together to hear from experts and those who are experts by their own experience at EDIC 2022, organised by Beat, the UK’s eating disorder charity.
Doctors and clinicians, psychiatrists, psychologists
- Improve your eating disorder practice at EDIC 2022: learn about cutting edge research, hear from experts through their own experience of an eating disorder and network with peers across the eating disorder field.
- CPD accredited, EDIC will enhance your confidence in your practice and career progression.
- Learn from, engage and network with eating disorder experts working at the cutting edge of research across the globe to inform and improve services commissioned in your area.
- Organised by Beat, the UK’s eating disorder charity, the programme has been co-produced with experts through their own experience of recovery.
Students and Medical students
- Shape your career, boost your knowledge and deepen your understanding of eating disorders at EDIC 2022.
- Learn about cutting edge research from leaders in the field, engage with experts through their own experience of an eating disorder and network with clinicians from across the globe.
- The Eating Disorders International Conference provides an opportunity for eating disorder professionals to hear the latest academic research and explore how it can be used in practice. Due to the programme content, design and the nature of the research and debates being presented, the conference relies on delegates having an academic understanding in the field of eating disorders. So while people with lived experience and those outside of the academic field can attend EDIC, we do not directly market the event towards them.
- The Eating Disorders International Conference is nevertheless an important platform to ensure the experiences of those with lived experience is heard by eating disorder professionals. Therefore, Beat ensures that the voices of those with lived experience are heard alongside those of the professionals throughout the conference programme.
- At Beat we highly value input from those with lived experience throughout our work, and ensure they have multiple opportunities to have a platform to support our mission to end the pain and suffering caused by eating disorders.
EDIC 2022 scientific programme committee
- Paul Robinson (Chair)
- Janet Treasure
- Ulrike Schmidt
- Richard Taylor
- Jane Morris
- Stephen Anderson
- Dasha Nicholls
- Ursula Philpot
“I think it's long overdue to have more contributions from people with lived experience at major conferences and so I found the Beat Ambassadors' input really excellent.”
“It was brilliant - good mix of presentations, short papers and workshops. Lots of information offered overall in all categories and a good mix of topics. All very thought-provoking.”
“Fantastic conference – it's not often that you get to 5.30pm on day two of a conference and still feel energised and want more!”
We have an exciting new programme planned and we’ll have more updates very soon, so don’t forget to keep an eye on this page or sign up below to get all the latest news about the conference straight into your inbox.
All best endeavours will be made to present the programme as printed. However, the conference organisers (Beat) and the Scientific Programme Committee reserve the right to alter or cancel, without prior notice, any arrangements, timetables, plans or other items relating directly or indirectly to the EDIC 2022 Conference, for any cause beyond its reasonable control. The EDIC 2022 organisers and the Scientific Programme Committee are not liable for any loss or inconvenience caused as a result of such alteration.
The conference programme relies on delegates having an academic understanding in the field of eating disorders and whilst elements of the conference may be of interest to those outside of the academic field, due to the programme content, design and the nature of the research and debates being presented, the conference content may not be suitable for someone currently suffering and could be significantly triggering for some.
In the event of cancellation of EDIC 2022 all pre-paid fees will be refunded in full. However, the organisers and the Scientific Programme Committee are not liable for any loss or inconvenience caused as a result of such cancellation and the liability of the organisers shall be limited to the conference fee. Delegates are advised to take out their own travel insurance and to extend their policy to cover personal possessions as the conference does not cover individuals against cancellation of bookings or theft or damage to belongings.